It doesn’t have to be that “after Christmas” time of year. Many people battle with wanting to slim down a dress size or two no matter what the reason, or season.
Take a look at the list below and see if you are able to recognise why you may have developed problems with your weight.
- You live a stress and anxiety filled life
- Do you eat to fill an emotional void?
- You have a tendency towards eating an abundance of processed foods, which can include convenience foods and takeaways
- It’s possible that you don’t enough fresh fruit and vegetables daily
- Do you drink diet soda believing it will help you to lose weight? This is a complete misconception by the way
- Do you eat for emotional reasons to enable you to feel in control of your life?
- Maybe you eat the wrong foods
- You might eat too much food and have problems with portion size
- Do you get enough exercise?
- Are you suffering from physical health problems?
- You might be taking medication that means you put on weight
- There may be underlying hormone imbalances
- There may be age related issues
- Are you body dimorphic?
- You may suffer from self-esteem and experience self-confidence issues
However weight loss doesn’t have to be quite so hard. Realistically when working with weight loss, it’s not solely about losing weight, it’s also about considering your thought process around how and why you eat.
So what would it be like to stop berating yourself for what you eat and instead move your thinking towards the more positive goal of your long-term health, whilst beginning to loose weight in a sustainable and enjoyable way?
Changing how you think about yourself from the inside:
- Enables you to make better food choices most of the time
- Addresses portion control
- Ensures you start listening to your body again
- Helps to you feel and appreciate that you are in control
For whatever reason your weight has got out of control, Counselling and Psychotherapy, at times used in conjunction with NLP, Hypnotherapy or Mindful Meditation, will help you shift those pounds.
So ask yourself some questions:
- Do you want to lose weight without such a struggle?
- Do you want to be able to lose weight without feeling hungry or deprived?
- Would you like to be able to keep going with your weight loss without falling off the wagon?
Using therapy to support you in your quest to lose weight and get healthy, can give you the tools to maintain the weight loss for the rest of your life. It can also help you to remove some of the risk of weight related health issues, such as diabetes, heart conditions and stroke.