Looking to better understand yourself, change difficult thoughts, feelings, relationships or behaviour? Perhaps you’re going through major life transitions?
I am qualified as a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. I have training in a variety of psychotherapeutic approaches including Transactional Analysis; Jungian depth psychology and psychosynthesis. I draw on this training and experience to tailor the way I work to meet the needs of each individual.
I create a safe space for clients to feel seen, heard and understood. I help them to reflect on and make sense of difficult feelings, thoughts, behaviours and experiences. I work with people to enable them be more connected to themselves and others; to live life with greater awareness, vitality and joy.
My passion is working with people to help them find their own unique way through difficult experiences and feelings. I consider therapy a collaborative process between therapist and client.
- I am experienced working with people of all sexualities and identities around relationship difficulties, people impacted by addiction to alcohol, drugs, gambling, struggling with anxiety, childhood trauma, life changing health conditions, depression and low self-esteem.
- I am open minded and non-judgemental. At times I’ll challenge and encourage clients to take risks and, if they choose, to make changes. I seek to enable clients to develop new insights, self -care and self-compassion.
- Whatever brings you to therapy I seek to provide a safe, confidential space for you to explore and process difficult feelings and thoughts, find better ways to communicate, change problemtic behaviour and to heal from trauma.
I am registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the United Kingdom Association of Transactional Analysis (UKATA).
Qualifications and Training
Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Transactional Analysis)
Foundation in Jungian Analytical Psychology
Training in Psychosynthesis
Certificate in Counselling
MSc in Health Education and Promotion
Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health
BSc (Hons) Economics and Politics
Principles and Ethical Codes of Practice
My qualifications are fully accredited and recognised by the relevant governing bodies of which I am a member – UKATA and the BACP. As part of my on going commitment to my clients and my own continued professional development I have clinical supervision and therapy.
I am fully insured with public liability cover.
As a therapist I have a “Duty of Care” to you, which means ensuring your therapy is empathetic, fully supportive and confidential. To that end I underpin my practice with UKATA’s code of ethics and confidentiality.
- Open communication
- Above all doing no harm
- Working with 'The contractural method’
- Everyone is OK
- Everyone has the capacity to think and influence their life by the decisions they make
- Any decision can be changed