The Wave Clinic is my West Sussex home based practice, where I see adults, couples and young people in a confidential environment. I offer short, medium and long-term therapy.
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor. Having completed my original four years of Transactional Analysis psychotherapy training at the Link Centre. Newick. East Sussex, I am now in advanced clinical training as a Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist.
Believing in an empathic, integrative and collaborative approach in therapy, I work with a diverse range of clients who suffer from a variety of issues.
These include anxiety, stress, depression, self-harm, eating disorders, bereavement, acquired brain injury, alcohol and drug addiction/dependency, low self-confidence and low self-confidence.
I have a special interest of working with complicated health issues, including adversity in childhood, trauma, women’s health/menopause, M.E and CFS.
We are all human and although our minds and bodies want to work the right way for us, the balance can easily go array in today’s busy world and we can lose sight of where we are in our lives.
- As a compassionate and emphatic therapist I will work with you, using my experience and clinical knowledge in Counselling and Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - helping you to become more aware of what thoughts, feelings and behaviours are impacting you in your life.
- To find out why you have reached this point in your life, we will talk about your therapeutic choices and the length of therapy you are considering.
- Ensuring your therapy is tailored to your needs, I hope to create a safe environment where I will work alongside you with my therapeutic approaches and interventions, guiding you through your journey to greater understanding of yourself and what it is you have come to therapy for.
I also have the additional capacity of being able to refer to a network of contacts and colleagues, ensuring you get the help that is right for you.
Qualifications and Training
Transactional Analyst in Advanced Clinical Training
Diploma in Counseling MNCS (Accred)
UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis Practice
Advanced Counselling Skills
BSc (Hons) Sports Performance
Foundation Certificate Transactional Analysis
Diploma in Hypnotherapy
Diploma in Hypno-NLP
Drug & alcohol therapist
Principles and Ethical Codes of Practice
My qualifications are fully accredited and recognised by the relevant governing bodies of which I am a member – UKATA, NCS and the BACP. As part of my on going commitment to my clients and my own continued professional development I have clinical supervision and therapy.
I am fully insured with public liability cover, and hold an enhanced DBS.
As a therapist I have a “Duty of Care” to you, which means ensuring your therapy is empathetic, fully supportive and confidential. To that end I underpin my practice with UKATA’s code of ethics and confidentiality.
- Open communication
- Above all doing no harm
- Working with 'The contractural method’
- Everyone is OK
- Everyone has the capacity to think and influence their life by the decisions they make
- Any decision can be changed